These tips can be used in OSX 10.9
1. Open the finder window at current terminal location.open .
2. Open a terminal at a finder windowyou have to create your own shortcut for this. follow below steps to do that
- Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Services
- Tick the checkbox at New Terminal at Folder
- Click the none text(light grey) in right side of New Terminal at Folder checkbox
- Press your own shortcut key combination
- Right click on a finder window -> Services -> New Terminal at Folder
and one thing I noticed is until you restart the machine, It takes some time to open the terminal after you press the shortcut keys.
3. Create new empty text file using terminal
4. Open a text file using terminal, Write something to it and Exit from it
- if you want to write something on file, press i
- if you write nothing on file and wants to exit, press q
- if you write something on file and wants to save it and quit, press wq
- if you write something on file and wants to quit without saving it, press q!
5. Search inside files using grep command
grep "text to search" -R .
Here R option used to search recursively. dot(.) is used to say that search from current folder
6. View hidden files using terminal
a is used to say show all files l parameter is used to say long list(descriptive manner) the files
I referred below articles to write this.